Dog Bathing Tips
Did Sparky have too much fun jumping into muddy puddles on the Rose Kennedy Greenway? That pup may need a good bath before getting back to One Greenway. But just because your dog is dirty, doesn’t mean that this should be the only time your fury friend gets a good scrub down. Your dog should be taking trips to our dog washing station once every few months. Since bathing your dog can be daunting for some, here are some tips to help make bath time for you and your pup more enjoyable:
First off, here are the supplies you will need to have handy:
- Collar and leash
Now the fun part:
- Make sure you have the water temperature right, not too hot and not too cold. Lukewarm water is best. While you’re waiting for the water to get to the perfect temperature, give your dog a good brush to remove any excess hair.
- Gently hose down your pooch until they are completely wet. Keep in mind not to get any water in his eyes, nose, or ears. You can use a cloth or grooming wipes to gently wipe those areas. It can be useful to have a pitcher or cup handy to do this part smoothly.
- Break out the shampoo and get to lathering your dog up. Massage the shampoo into your pup’s coat working from head to tail. Rinse and repeat if needed.
- Wrap your fresh and clean pup in a towel and dry off. If you are using a dryer make sure to keep on low heat and high power. Start at the skin and dry outward.
- Remember to give your four legged friend a treat after all, they deserve it.
Don’t have time to DIY your pet’s grooming? We’re proud to work with Baroo, who will take your furry friend to the groomer, or out for a midday walk, directly from One Greenway.